Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Walking in the park

So today as I was walking in the park, there was kind of a dark woodsy area I happened upon. I noticed one area that had shadows, and twisted branches, and wet leaves all over the ground and it just reminded me of the struggles that we are sometimes overcome with from the circumstances in our lives. As I continued on I stopped at this one area, took a picture, as my focus was on the mess.
The interesting thing is that within minutes my focus begin to change. Instead of seeing messy darkness, I started to see sunlight coming through the trees making patches of light all over the leaves on the ground. I heard a couple of birds chirping that must have been hiding in the trees. And then the most interesting thing that I noticed that was barely visible and I questioned if it was actually my imagination or if it was truly real, so I took a picture, and in the midst of that dark woodsy area where my focus had changed was the shape of a heart.
There are all kinds of circumstances that feel like dark woodsy areas in our lives. We are consumed and that becomes our focus. Sometimes if we can find a little bit of sunshine even in those circumstances, we may just be able to find a heart in the messy darkness. Find something to be grateful for in the midst of all the mess. It may help change your focus even if just for a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment