Wednesday, October 31, 2018

We said we'd meet at 2pm

It had been a while but she answered my call. We said we'd meet at two at that little place. As I walked in and looked around I asked the hostess if it was okay to take the table over in the corner by the window. I followed her and then took a seat. This was a nice quiet spot for my much prayed about meeting.
It wasn't five minutes until I saw her come through the door and the hostess walked her over to our table where she sat down. We both ordered just a coffee and smiled as if we had done this before.
We talked about our work, and a class she was taking, our schedules our husbands....Then before we knew it it was time to go. As we waited for the bill I reached cross the table and took her hand. I wanted her to know that I appreciated her coming. I was glad I'd reached out, it had just been too long. As she looked out the window and then back at me with tears in her eyes she said "I'm so sorry". And as we walked out to our cars she explained to me that my phone call asking to meet had caught her off guard. She wondered how someone who's family had been rejected, who's kids we're condemned, could reach out with a heart full of forgiveness and love? Only Jesus could understand that. Only Jesus could DO that. Only Jesus could Love like that...
Last night I got a call from my friend. We said we'd meet at two at that little place....

No comments:

Post a Comment